Winsor & Newton Eclipse Brushes
Winsor & Newton Eclipse Black Sable Brushes offer a balance between soft and stiff hair, with more snap than Red Sable and softer than Hog Bristle. Ideal for fine blending and glazing, these unique brushes show very little brush stroke. Eclipse brushes are made from Russian Black Sable (also known as "Fitch"), which is highly resilient and responsive, making it perfect for lightly thinned oil color. Double-bodied handles offer balance and comfort, and are sculpted for a balanced grip at both the tail and the ferrule making these brushes exceptional for both easel painting and close in work.
- Eclipse Flat/Bright: short flat head for creating sharp edges with control.
- Double Thick Bright: great for sharp edges, with control for heavy color.
- Filbert: makes a broad mark with a soft edge.
- Double Thick Filbert: makes a broad mark with a soft edge, and is perfect for heavy color.
- Thick Fan: great for blending, softening edges and creating textures. Perfect for heavy color.
- Round: great for fine detail, lines and glazes.